The Spirit of the College is the embrodiment of our Vision, Mission and Values.
A world of people expressing optimal potential.
Educating great people to become the world’s best chiropractors.
Gratitude, Integrity, Vision, Excellence, Love and Respect.
- To graduate competent, compassionate, caring leaders who reflect personally and professionally the values of the College and contribute to its ongoing development.
- To encourage graduates to be innovative, inspirational and committed to lifelong learning and the principles of chiropractic for a sustainable future.
- To offer a well-resourced, integrated, relevant, evidence-based curriculum, that prioritises public protection and care of the patient with the correction of vertebral subluxation as the primary chiropractic aim.
- To provide sustainable financial management that ensures a viable and prosperous College.
- To adhere to best management practice in our day-to-day operation and provide a working environment that fosters professional growth, develop ment and fulfilment of our staff and faculty.
- To have a state-of-the-art facility that creates the optimum learning environment for faculty, students, staff and the profession.
- To promote the growth and development of the chiropractic profession through leading edge research that explores the principles of chiropractic.
- To be ethical and authentic in all decisions and actions that consider the greater good of our community, college and the profession.
- To participate and contribute to the local, global, and professional community through engagement, volunteerism and representation.
- To achieve the objectives of the Government for tertiary education.
- To care for our students to a standard that exceeds the expectation of our accrediting agencies.
- Demonstrate chiropractic excellence in all aspects of chiropractic care with an evidence-informed, public safety and patient care focus.
- Are professional in everything they do.
- Eloquently communicate and demonstrate the principles of chiropractic and contribute to the health of their communities.
- Have a high degree of emotional intelligence and resilience.
- Commit to continuous personal and professional development.
- Willingly collaborate to achieve the best outcomes.
World Class Academic Programme
Philosophical congruency and programme alignment
- Develop an audit process to ensure our programme is philosophically congruent with the principles of chiropractic and Te Tiriti o Waitangi and there is alignment between the academic programme, the chiropractic experience and the graduate profile
- Develop an effective case-based learning programme
- Develop an externship programme
- Gain accreditation to deliver the full 5 year chiropractic programme at the College
Set our culture path
- Normalise change and promote agility throughout the College
- Develop and deploy a comprehensive listening strategy
- Cultivate the culture we desire and maintain and monitor our renovated culture
- Develop a framework to guide the way we communicate, interact, and lead that’s aligned with the spirit of the College and Te Tiriti o Waitangi
Develop our people
- Develop training programmes for our people that support their growth and development
- Develop a framework for individualised, values-based, ongoing performance and development conversations with our people
- Develop transparent career pathways for our people that support work/life balance and set markers for advancement and remuneration
- Develop staff, faculty and student recruitment selection and onboarding processes that are aligned with our culture
- Position wellbeing at the core of the way our people experience college life
- Foster a culture of diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
- Provide world class pastoral care for our students, staff and faculty
Growth and Innovation
Commercialisation of products and ideas
- Establish a research commercialisation arm at the College
- Support the commercialisation of appropriate technology and ideas developed at the College
Develop a practice-based research network
- Digitise the Chiropractic Centre
- Establish an external practice-based research network
Develop ‘Brand Chiropractic’
- Build our digital asset capability
- Support the profession’s public campaign to increase chiropractic utilisation
Develop our giving programme
- Create a capital campaign
- Develop our endowment programme
- Create a legacy programme
Support the profession’s need for more chiropractors
- Work with stakeholders to assess and monitor the need for more chiropractors in New Zealand
- Increase student intake to 105 per year