Course fees 2024
Tuition fees change depending on the courses you are enrolled in.
- For a full time Year 1 student, the annual fee (Semester One and Semester Two) is $12,000 (NZD)
- For a full time Year 2 student, the annual fee (Semester One and Semester Two) is $18,993 (NZD)
- For a full time Year 3 student, the annual fee (Semester One and Semester Two) is $19,308 (NZD)
- For a full time Year 4 student, the annual fee (Semester One and Semester Two) is $19,216 (NZD)
- For a full time Year 5 student, the annual fee (Semester One and Semester Two) is $19,310 (NZD)
- For a full time Year 1 International Student, the annual fee (Semester One and Semester Two) is $27,065 (NZD)
- For a full time Year 2 to Year 5 International Student, the annual fee (Semester One and Semester Two) is $35,494 (NZD)
Additional Course Costs
You will incur some additional course costs for textbooks, course materials prepared by the College, the Chiropractic Centre Manual, special clothing, physical examination equipment and travel, plus any other charges for services provided by the College.
We recommend allowing around $1,000 (NZD) per year for course related costs. To view a breakdown of these costs, visit the Current Students section of our website.
New Zealand and Australian students may be eligible for New Zealand government loans and allowances while enrolled at the New Zealand College of Chiropractic. We recommend that prospective students contact StudyLink for more information on loans and allowances, as eligibility and the actual value of loans and allowances are subject to change.
It is possible for students to apply for funding from many countries:
- Canada – The College is an approved post-secondary institution and Canadian Students are eligible for student loans through the Canadian Federal Government. For more information visit www.canlearn.ca. Banking institutions in Canada offer student loan programmes. For example, CIBC provides information on their website. Check your options with your bank.
- Norway – Norwegian students are able to receive financial support for higher education abroad for the College and prerequisite study at AUT. Visit www.lanekassen.no.
- Other countries – For information on funding options in other countries contact the College.
Fees Free Eligibility
If you are a first-time learner in tertiary education, you may be eligible to get your fees covered for one year’s study. Go to the link below to check if you are eligible for Fees Free by entering your National Student Number (NSN) in the tool below.
US Financial Aid
The New Zealand College of Chiropractic is accredited by the US Department of Education to administer the US Direct Loan Program (US financial aid) to US citizens or eligible non-citizens who are:
- Enrolled at least half-time, and;
- Are making satisfactory academic progress, and
- Are not in default on a grant or loan.
Loans that are available are Direct GradPLUS loans. There are a number of other programs including Pell Grants and Perkins Loans that may be available under the same US legislation of Title IV. However, these cannot be awarded to students studying outside the United States. Eligible students may, however, defer the repayment of these loans while attending the New Zealand College of Chiropractic.
Student Fee Protection
The New Zealand government has a student fee protection policy to protect student fees. All student fees are deposited into an independently managed trust account: Banks Group, Chartered Accountants – New Zealand College of Chiropractic Student Fee Trust Account. The College withdraws from this account on a consumption basis, monthly in arrears.