Learning Outcomes Required:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the body regions, cavities, anatomical planes, directional terminology and anatomical references of the human body including the use of appropriate anatomical terminology.
- Understand the anatomy and physiology of the integumentary system including its protective functions and maintaining homeostasis.
- Describe the anatomy and physiology of the nerve, muscle, fascia, bone and identify the main bones of the appendicular and axial skeleton and their parts.
- Know the histology of different tissues and organs including bone, muscle, nerve and the different epithelial tissues.
- Have a firm understanding of the anatomy and physiology of the respiratory, cardiovascular, digestive, urinary, reproductive (including menstrual cycle), endocrine and lympho-immune systems.
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of the structure, function and various categories of joints, their classification and examples of these classifications.
- Demonstrate and understanding of basic embryology.